UK government speaks on President Buhari’s health

Paul Arkwright, the British High Commissioner to Nigeria, says the presidency was not lying to Nigerians about the true health status of President Muhammadu Buhari.

Arkwright speaking with Vanguard said he is privilege to meet President Buhari in the Villa, that Buhari have recovered from his illness and fit to carry on the responsibilities of his office.

He said: “I had a privilege to meet President Buhari in the Villa. I was one of the small numbers of Ambassadors who were invited to witness the signing of treaties and MoUs between Nigeria and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

“What I can say is what I saw. I saw a President who was fit; he was fine; he was cheerful; he had a great sense of humour. It was great to see him".

“President Buhari greeted me very warmly and I shook his hand. Frankly, it was just brilliant and great to see him back to work in full capacity.”

The president returned to Nigeria on Saturday, August 19, after 105 days away from work spent 103 days in the UK for treatment of an undisclosed ailment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beehivetalk the Uncommon Online discussion Forum

The lion of Africa Miriam Makeba

Pro-Buhari group protest against Resign or Resume protest in Abuja